TWU Local 556 Facts
- Southwest Airlines Flight Attendants became a certified workforce on February 5, 1975.
- At the time of certification, Southwest Airlines Flight Attendants were chartered under Transport Workers Union (TWU) Local 513, the Union of American Airlines Ramp and Maintenance employees.
- Transport Workers Union Local 556 was chartered on October 13, 1981.
- TWU Local 556 is the sole bargaining unit for Southwest Airlines Flight Attendants, representing over 15,000 Employees.
- TWU Local 556 Members are domiciled in eleven bases across the United States:
- Atlanta, GA
- Baltimore, MD
- Chicago, IL
- Dallas, TX
- Denver, CO
- Houston, TX
- Las Vegas, NV
- Los Angeles, CA
- Oakland, CA
- Orlando, FL
- Phoenix, AZ
- Our current Contract was ratified on October 31, 2016 and is effective June 1, 2013 through October 31, 2018, becoming amendable on November 1, 2018.